Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The makeover.

The room...
A slightly wonky shot of the feature wall...
On the wall...
Gingko decals - Thanks Lara from Inkandspindle
Hand screen printed artwork - Experiments by your truly onto 300gsm watercolourpaper using textile dyes!It worked!
Bedhead - is just a large canvas bought for around $30 bucks from a place near me called " sam's warehouse". The plan is to layer it with some soft waddding and cover with some neutral fabric so its makes a nice and comfy head rest.


Splurged on some fancy-ish new curtains from good'ol spotlight.Found a colour that matched the wall perfectly.Also bought some matching tie-backs.
Thanks to dad for helping me install the new curtain rod and the tie-back hooks!

With the curtains closed-its like night during the day!Perfect for lazy summer afternoon siestas!


On the wall...
Handprinted artwork by moi...its an image of one of my favorite cathedrals in India
Just a simple mount card cut of of the letter T (from leftover scraps from uni projects!)
On the bedside table...
(managed to get two on special for $40.00 from my local " Warehouse")
Ipod/Radio Dock - featured with my acid green nano...
Assorted journals - one of them handmade/handbound from a little town called pondicherry in India

As blogged before...
Sunny yellow cushion - Handprinted scraps I've collected over the years and embroidery done to match the gingko leaves on the wall.Cool hey?


On the other bedside table...
My most favorite piece...
The poem was written for me by my sister Terryna and was a chrsitmas present from a few years ago.
Also in the picture our "dolly sister" - mine's the little one - LUCY and my sister called hers JULIE ! lol !
So far so good and I'm pretty pleased with how the room's looking :) I'm still on the hunt for some good fabric to cover the bedhead and I'm yet to put my new quilt cover on and I'mitching to get some euro pillows for the bed!
I'll put some photos up once I've done them.Also might put up a breakdown of how much it cost me.I'm just a student with a regualr part=time job so I had to work within quite a tight budget!
In the meantime thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoyed the photos as much as I enjoyed the process!yay!

2 comments:

Kruthika said...

cool stuff!! u are the only one amng us dng wat you always aimed at dng!!! nd u are dng a fab job!! keep it up :)

Zzz said...

beautiful!!the room looks lovely! and im sure its gonna be really cool once its done completely...am waiting for ur beadhead to take form:)..Lucy&Julie look grt too!...