Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saturday morning design


This morning I woke up and sudddenly realised I'm meant to be making a thankyou card to give someone tomorrow...

So sat down with illustrator and scanned some drawings and decided to have a go at doing some SIMPLE patterns with simple shapes/motifs.

At uni we'r always being told to explore complex textile design techniques and I've never really had the chance to do some "non-complex"yet effective textile design...And especially after seeing the simple gorgeous patterns of the likes of Kirin&Co. and Hollabee...I came up with this design for the card...

Hope you'll like it..Feedback-positive or negative..most welcome:)

1 comment:

Bianca said...

I like them, they'd be really good as christmas cards too...in different colours (not the standard tree green and red, although you could try it).

thanks for mentioning us :)