Thursday, October 16, 2008

SCREEN PRINT WOES:(

As much as I love the process I get so frustrated at time and even more when paying the price for someone else's mistake...hmmmpfff..

Today I planned to expose my screens..so..I hop into the exposure unit,do everything right,set my screen and artwork up,turn the vacuum on and shut the door BANG!turn the unit ON...

2 minutes later...the light goes off..so I hop in again and take my screen out and excitedly wash it off only to find that the the image wasn't fully exposed...AND GUESS WHY..."someone"changed the time on the unit to less that what it was meant to be and hence the partial exposure...

So...I had to re-strip,re-coat-re-expose..and phew!it worked(after I set the time right!)...what a relief..!!!

That said..I'm now ready to print!Wipee!oh-let's not forget colour matching and mixing...

Its going to be a long few hours....:)

Will bring in my camera next time and take pictures:)

2 comments:

Sherrin said...

bugger! how frustrating.

Thea said...

Oh yes, I remember those student days of sharing a studio. One time, I had coated a screen to find it missing when I went back to expose it. I did find the culprit as my name was clearly on the screen with her design on it!