Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bedroom Blues!

I currently spend my nights in a pretty drab and boring bedroom with no soul what-so-ever and most sadly no colour or pattern :(
So,this winter break I am on mission : "bedroom renovation" and have been looking around for simple ways to introduce some colour and charecter into my room without hurting the hip pocket too much!I'm concerned about painting the walls because I might get moody and what happens if I don't like the colour I choose after a few weeks?!!?!
So,I think I'm going to keep the walls the creamy colour they already are and add elements of interest and splashes of colour with accesories and bits of furniture.
I definately need a head-board for my bed,bed-side tables,new curtains and a few decorative pieces.
Here's what I've found so far...

Image from here.
Like the idea of using a set of canvases mounted as a headboard.I'm thinking of covering the canvases in a neutral fabric and that way I can pin photos/pictures/other colourful elements on onto it.
(kinda like below!)

Image from july issue of Realliving magazine
Like the earthy tones with bursts of bright colour!How I'd love to own a bed -end ottoman!Sigh!
But yes,definitely loving the natural textures and the casual/thrown together feel:)

No comments: