Saturday, June 12, 2010

Holiday time and scarf montage

Yes!Its finally holidays and I now have the head space as well as the free time to blog my heart away!
It was a relief to be able to hand-in all my work over the last week and now enjoy a well deserved break!
I've put together a little step-by-step montage of my scarf in making ( remember the length I was printing for it?)Anyway after lots of planning,plotting,sewing and screaming! I finally made it!
P.S - A little note on what this is about : The idea behind this scarf was to make create a piece of cloth filled with personal memories and the aim was to illustrate what made "me happy" and translate it into something beautiful that I can touch and feel and keep for a long time to come...
I'll stop rambling on now and show you some photos:)Enjoy!
a collection of my hand-printed swatches ready to go into the patchwork scarf!

Like a puzzle! working out a layout that works best,trying to slot in the bits and pieces(the long blue piece of fabric is my printed length...very happy with it:)

Cut and sew...

A mock polaroid of some cool sewing "shots" and sneak peak of the scarf...

Et Voila! The final scarf!
Thanks to my sister for being a perfect model :) and to photoshop for making the photo look pro!

3 comments:

Manohary said...

Hi Tanya,

That's a really nice scarf. Saw it on fb and followed up on the blog link! Keep up the good work

Tanya said...

Hey!!Thanks!:)Nice to have non-textile designers visit my blog:)Hope you're doing good!

Tanya said...

Hey!!Thanks!:)Nice to have non-textile designers visit my blog:)Hope you're doing good!